Sunday 1 April 2012

Bridge Work Continues


HI Again
So I have done a bit more work to my bridge.
After I made the braces for my trusses I made a support to hold the top of the trusses together. I did this by folding one of my tubes in half and placing over the top of the truss.


Ignore the little pieces of masking tape in the photos. I placed those there to hold the trusses in place while I put the top support on. I removed it after (NO unauthorized materials allowed)
I then made the top cross beam to complete the top of the trusses. I used another paper tube and folded back the ends just enough to cross the span between the trusses.
Then I placed paper wraps around each joint. I also laminated paper around the top supports.
So now my glue needs to dry for a couple of days.
Next I plan on reinforcing most joints with toothpicks. I will need to visit Home Depot to get a drill bit small enough.
I am hoping to do a weight test once all the toothpicks are in place. My goal is to test at 28 lbs.
That was the weight of the original platform.
So how are you doing on your bridges.

1 comment: